Friday, December 13, 2013

Review Book: Give Me My Chocolate or the Turtle Dies

Name: Give Me My Chocolate or the Turtle Dies


Available at Bookworm, Randy’s Book Exchange (Hoi An) and MMBistro (HCMC)


A collection of articles and stories from Brenda Schuster, former Hanoi expat and New Hanoian.


18835


 


Review: 


”LOVED: This book! Very well written, had me laughing and nodding my head in agreement for most of the book. Super accurate descriptions of daily life in Vietnam. Entertaining. Author has a beautiful way with words and capturing the essence of the place we call “home”. 


HATED: That it ended so quickly. Wish there were more chapters. Would have loved to have kept reading and laughing.”


”Ok so I should disclose that I know the author…


But highly recommend this book for a quick, light and very funny read about life in Vietnam. It is very tongue and cheek, sending up expats just as much as the funny encounters to be had whilst living in the country. 
A great amusing memento of life in Hanoi. 
And only 100,000vnd!”


 


”Much like Elliewelliesj, I also know this author – not surprising, as I think half the expat population of Hanoi does too!


I loved the book. Fantastic humour, pithy observations. I read it after I’d left Hanoi, and it had me grinning at the memories.


Worth the investment.”



Review Book: Give Me My Chocolate or the Turtle Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment